Marrakech is a city that dazzles the senses with its mix of exotic sights, sounds, and flavors. Here are 10 highlights you won’t want to miss on a visit to this magical Moroccan destination:
1. Wander the stalls of the Jemaa el-Fnaa marketplace. Lively street performers, henna artists, snake charmers, and endless rows of food stalls make this a can’t-miss Marrakech experience.
2. Visit the lush Jardin Majorelle and see its iconic bright blue buildings. Once owned by Yves Saint Laurent, these tranquil gardens are a relaxing oasis with exotic plants and architecture.
3. Tour the Yves Saint Laurent Museum and see haute couture fashions and design inspiration from the famous designer’s career.
4. Take a day trip to the Atlas Mountains and enjoy dazzling views of North Africa’s highest mountain range.
5. Shop for handwoven Berber rugs, rich leather goods, and intricate jewelry in the souks. Don’t forget to haggle!
6. Relax at a traditional hammam spa for a rejuvenating scrub and massage. Our favorite hammams are at the luxury Royal Mansour, or the more moderately priced Hammam Rosa Bonheur.
7. Wander the winding paths of the Agdal Gardens and see its fruit orchards, aromatic herbs, and stunning Andalusian architecture.
8. Visit the striking El Badi Palace and see remnants of its once grandiose interior.
9. Drink traditional Moroccan mint tea and sample local pastries like the buttery msemens.
10. See the Koutoubia Mosque, the architectural jewel of Marrakech, at sunset when the light illuminates its ornamental stonework.
With scents of spice, stunning architecture, and energy that never sleeps, Marrakech is sure to enchant luxury travelers looking for one-of-a-kind experiences. This list offers a great glimpse into Marrakech’s unique history, culture, flavors and ambiance. Let us take you there!